If you find yourself in the wrong role, wrong industry or on the wrong career path, it may be time to contact a recruiter and start looking for a new fit that fits your personal brand better.
But how do you know that it’s REALLY time to take such measures? We want you to be sure, so here are some top signs that a career change is what you need.
Do you identify with any of these statements?
- Only working for the weekend – And not only that, your Mondays ruin your Sundays. You spend the entire weekend dreading going back to work and stressing out about it.
- Boredom – You’re not excited by your job and your industry and you have no desire to be involved; you’re just there because you have to be.
- Misery loves company – You gravitate toward the more disgruntled employees of your company, so you can whine and complain about your job together.
- Who cares? – You want to write the lyrics to your favorite song in the “Goals” section of your annual review. You cancel or let your subscriptions to industry publications expire. You have no desire to speak at a high school career day you’re invited to attend.
- Any excuse for a day off – You find any reason to call in sick, make up excuses to blow off opportunities, bow out of chances to take the lead on new projects.
If you feel this way about your job, our recruiters at ITAC can help. We are passionate and excited about our own jobs that allow us to help you find the right one. If you think it’s time for a career change, start by checking out our current openings or contacting us.